Sunday 6 January 2013

Reading Response Booklets

I loved the tic tac toe concept for responding to reading that I used last year.  Students love choice, but I love controlled choice!  I want my students to feel that they are making decisions as they read, but when you have young children, they need guidance to make these decisions.  I also like how you can add as many pages as you like into each booklet. 

These booklets are perfect for independent, guided and home reading programs.  I wanted to create Reading Response Booklets to encourage students to think as they read and apply a variety of reading and comprehension strategies. Students will: infer, evaluate, use schema, explore text features, elements of a story, just the facts (determine important information) and identify story grammar. 

I can't wait to introduce them to my kids this week!  You can find my Reading Response Booklets at my TpT store.


        


No comments:

Post a Comment